Never walk into court alone.
Court Buddy is the #1 place to find an attorney for your legal case. We operate an online legal marketplace service that matches and manages relationships between clients and experienced attorneys for personal and business legal matters including court appearances, nationwide.
The company helps to build trusted relationships for a variety of legal matters including family law, real estate, personal debt, business, criminal defense, and litigation.
Court Buddy was created by attorneys for people that need and want attorneys for personal and business matters, can afford them, but don’t have them because:
- They don’t understand their legal issues, rights, and needs for help;
- They don’t know how much to pay and fear that attorneys will be too expensive or that they can’t afford them;
- They don’t know how or where to find the right attorneys;
- They don’t understand the benefits of having an attorney and how having one would make a difference in their situation; or
- They tried working with an attorney in the past, but the communication was not good.
We understand the challenges faced by hard-working, experienced attorneys practicing at solo and small firms who want to spend their time helping clients who:
- Need the specific expertise that the attorney offers;
- Have legal rights to pursue;
- Can pay fair prices for the attorney’s services; and
- Commit to actively communicating and collaborating with their attorneys to understand the legal process and what’s needed of them as a client.
Court Buddy is growing. We are backed by some of the most respected investors including: NFX, First Round Capital, LDR Ventures Partners, Kapor Capital, Gingerbread Capital, and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
The business was launched by James Jones Jr. and Kristina Jones in 2015.
Do I Need A Lawyer?
If you’re asking yourself this question, chances are that you do. Some of the top reasons that people do not seek help from lawyers when problems arise in their personal and family lives, their work lives, or if they get in trouble with the police, is that they don’t understand that these situations are legal ones or that they need legal representation. Criminal and civil justice situations are common and widespread. There are millions of criminal and civil justice situations a year in the United States.
Almost any ongoing dispute or problem you have can benefit from a lawyer’s help. The easiest way to get results if you are having a problem is to have a lawyer write a letter on your behalf. Lawyers can also go into court for you and assert your rights.
Court Buddy can connect you with an experienced and trusted lawyer to see if and how one can help at an affordable cost. Court Buddy helps by managing the relationship between you and the attorney to ensure you get the highest level of professional service, responsiveness, and accountability.
Types of Legal Situations That May Require a Criminal or Civil Lawyer
Legal situations that involve issues with far-reaching consequences for individuals and families include:
- Family Issues (divorce, child custody, child & spousal support);
- Arrests and questions by police or other members of law enforcement;
- Money and Personal Finances (benefits, debts, collections, credit scores, bankruptcy, taxes);
- Housing (purchase, sales, rentals, leases & subleases, housing conditions, evictions, small claims);
- DUIs and DWIs (driving under the influence or while intoxicated);
- Tickets and Accidents (often involving injury or property damage);
- Business Matters (agreements & contracts, employment, business disputes);
- Business Finances (debt collection & settlement, consumer protection, tax & bankruptcy);
- Wills & Trusts (wills, trusts, probate, health care directives); and
- Immigration (removal/deportation, Visas & green cards, citizenship).
These situations may raise criminal and civil legal issues and will have consequences shaped by criminal and civil laws. They can impact your livelihood, including loss of income, health, confidence, personal and family financial stability.
How A Lawyer and Court Buddy Can Help
Court Buddy will match you with an experienced and trusted lawyer who understands the issues, the legal system, and its consequences to assess your legal issue in a timely and confidential manner and to explain why you need or do not need a lawyer. This includes outlining your options, helping you make a plan and working to protect your legal rights to achieve the best possible results.
If your legal situation does not necessarily require the assistance of a lawyer, this will also be explained.