Access to Justice is a fundamental human right for all, not a privilege for the few. Fiercely committed to diversity and inclusion, we operate a legal service that affordably matches and manages relationships between clients and experienced attorneys who provide legal representation for personal and business legal matters including civil, criminal and court appearances, nationwide.
The company helps to build trusted relationships for a variety of legal matters including family law, real estate, personal debt, business, criminal defense, and litigation.
Access to justice and legal literacy are essential for people to know their rights, to understand how the legal process works and how to engage with courts. Court Buddy was created to educate, inform, assist and empower people from all races, places and finanancial situations that need and want justice with trustworthy and effective attorneys to assist them with personal and business matters, can afford them, but need affordability and don’t have them because:
- They don’t understand their legal issues, rights, and needs for help;
- They don't know if they have a legal case or how the legal system works;
- They may believe that even with an attorney, they will still lose as the system is unfair;
- They don’t know how much to pay and fear that attorneys will be too expensive or that they can’t afford them;
- They don’t know how or where to find the right attorneys;
- They don’t understand the benefits of having an attorney and how having one would make a difference in their situation; or
- They tried working with an attorney in the past, but the communication was not good.
We understand the challenges faced by hard-working, experienced attorneys practicing at solo and small firms who want to spend their time helping clients who:
- Need the specific expertise that the attorney offers;
- Have legal rights to pursue;
- Can pay fair prices for the attorney’s services; and
- Commit to actively communicating and collaborating with their attorneys to understand the legal process and what’s needed of them as a client.
Court Buddy is growing. We are backed by some of the most respected investors including: NFX, First Round Capital, LDR Ventures Partners, Kapor Capital, Gingerbread Capital, and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
The business was launched by James Jones Jr. and Kristina Jones in 2015.
How A Lawyer and Court Buddy Can Help
Court Buddy will match you with an affordable, experienced and trusted lawyer who understands the issues, the legal system, and its consequences to assess your legal issue in a timely and confidential manner and to explain why you need or do not need a lawyer. This includes outlining your options, helping you make a plan and working to protect your legal rights to achieve the best possible results. With our service, there are No retainers. You only pay for the legal services you need.
If your legal situation does not necessarily require the assistance of a lawyer, this will also be explained.